How fun is that?! My 3-year-old and I had a great time making these "striped Jell-O Jigglers" (that's what she calls them) for Valentine's.
Wouldn't they be great for a kids party cut into hearts?
Or in nice spring colors for Easter?
Or green for St. Patricks?
Or red, white and blue for the 4th? Oh, the possibilities.
Here's another presentation method.
Did I mention they taste yummy too? :) They are the perfect mix between fun and pretty.
Want to make some? Here's the recipe:
3 3-oz. pkgs cherry gelatin
3 .25 oz. packets unflavored gelatin, divided
½ c. plus 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt
1 ¼ c. white grape juice
1. For red layer: Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add cherry gelatin and 1 packet unflavored gelatin; stir until dissolved. Remove from heat.
2. For pink layer: Transfer 2/3 cup red gelatin mixture to a bowl and whisk in yogurt.
3. For clear/white layer: Pour grape juice into a bowl. Sprinkle on remaining unflavored gelatin and let stand 5 minutes. Microwave on high about 1 minute, until gelatin has dissolved. You made also add some yogurt to a portion of this to make it opaque.
4. To assemble, pour 2/3 cup of red mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan (or use ramekins). Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Top with half of pink and white mixtures, refrigerating for 15 minutes after each addition. Repeat process with remaining gelatin, ending with red. Refrigerate until completely set, about 2 hours or overnight.
5. Dip bottom of the pan in hot water to loosen. You may need to use a spatula to loosen the sides. Invert onto a cutting board and slice into cubes or use cookie cutters.
Note: If at any time the gelatin becomes to solidified to pour, just microwave it for a few seconds.
Click here to print.
Here's where we link up.