Here's what we ate for dinner last week! I think we ate particularly well because we had guests one night and then I was choosing dinners from our Valentine's Day menu so I could post pictures and recipes.
Whenever I sit down to plan a week's menu, I always ask myself these questions:
- Do I have any new recipes I want to try? And thanks to my recipe organization system, it's usually pretty easy to find one I do want to try (or two or three...).
- What Italian food do we want this week?
- What Mexican food do we want this week?
- What vegetarian food do we want this week?
- What slow-cooker or soup recipe do we want this week? (If it is summer then I ask, "what salad do we want this week?" Generally, in the summers I like to do a salad every week and in the winters I like to do a soup every week).
That usually gives us a pretty good basis for the week. Then I fill up the rest with "international" foods, leftovers, or quickies (like this week's spaghetti).
Roast (I don't usually use a recipe, but this time I tried one of bhg "American Classics" recipe. It was a bit more work but VERY good).
Pasta Fagioli with baguettes (I'll share the recipe sometime, I love this soup)
Baked Chicken with bacon-wrapped green beans
Mexican Pizza (this was my new recipe for the week, and I highly recommend it!)
Hope you found some inspiration. Happy eating this week!