Last weekend my mother and I hosted a bridal shower for one of my favorite cousins, and what fun we had!
We decided to go with a pink and green theme--something bright and fun and perfect for this time of year.
Clockwise from top right:
- We used Emily's tissue paper ball tutorial to make a half dozen pink and green tissue paper balls of various sizes to hang above the food table.
- Filled some jars up with color-coordinating candy.
- Cut x's in the tips of strawberries, then piped in a mixture of cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla and followed that up with a sprinkling of chopped pecans. So good!
- Pink flower bouquet as a table centerpiece.
- Limeade mixed with club soda for the beverage.
- We made some delicious chocolate truffles using our truffle tutorial. Rather than dipping them in chocolate for a hard coating, we rolled them in two different cocoa powders and chopped almonds.
- We also made an ice cream cake that was to-die for! Using a bread pan, my mom layered pistachio ice cream, strawberry ice cream and angel food cake that had been soaked in a mixed-berry compote then topped with more mixed berry compote and a drizzle of whipped cream. It was beautiful and delicious!
We also served a lunch at the shower: quiche, green salad and pasta salad.
As you can see, we had more than enough good things to eat at this party! :) We also took plenty opportunity to make the bride blush.
Have a great day!
Here's where we're linking up.