Here's an easy way to organize, well, any number of things.
I made this little roll-up organizer for Jaime a while ago.
I can't take all the credit though because it was totally my brother's idea and he asked me to do it.
(Jaime's married to my brother- remember.)
He bought her a whole set of wooden knitting needles and thought they needed a better home than the plastic bags and rubber bands they came in.
So I created this long roll-up organizer. It's basically a long piece of fabric with a pocket that is divided into several small slots.
I've been trying to think of what else this could be used for and the possibilities are pretty much endless.
make-up and/or brushes
kids travel coloring kit
Want to make your own? It is so easy!
1. Decide your height, length, and pocket depth.
2. Cut your fabric (one for the outside, one for inside)
cut the height plus the depth of the pocket by the length
3. Layer your fabric pieces, wrong sides together.
Sew bias tape along one long edge.
Fold-up this edge to make you pocket.
4. With pocket folded in place, sew bias tape along 3 remaining raw edges.
(2 short sides and one long side)
5. Make slots by sewing vertical lines, spaced however you like, along the pocket.
6. Use remaining bias tape to make a tie...
Sew long folded edges of bias tape together (so it can't come unfolded).
Sew bias tape to the center outside edge of one of your organizer's short sides.
(you can see in the pic below, I sewed right on top of the existing seam)