I love banana bread.
I love banana pancakes.
Why not banana waffles?
Conclusion: perhaps even better!!
These waffles were so yummy--the perfect mix of sweet and hearty with the whole-wheat flour and nuts right in the batter.
Big hit with the whole family. Easy enough for everyday, but special enough for the weekend. :)
You'll definitely want to try these one morning. Enjoy!
Banana Walnut Waffles
Ingredients2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. whole-wheat flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
¼ c. packed brown sugar
2/3 c. canola or vegetable oil
4 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 ½ c. buttermilk
1/2 c. mashed banana
1/4 c. chopped walnuts
1. Tturn on your waffle iron to preheat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, vanilla extract buttermilk, bananas, and walnuts. Add the wet ingredients, all at once to the dry ingredients. Stir until just incorporated.
4. Cook according to your waffle machine instructions. I always cook until the steam stops coming out--or at least significantly lessens.
5. Serve with warm maple syrup, bananas and nuts.