Does it feel like Spring yet where you are?
Do you want it to?
These cute little cookies at a little lemon cheerfulness to your day that is unmistakenly Spring-ish and delightful.
Of course, I have made these in the dead of winter when I needed a pick me up.
And in the hot summer for a cooling treat.
I'll probably make them this autumn just to round-out my year-round experience with this yummies. :)
These are always a hit for girly parties too--tea times, baby showers, bridal showers, that sort of thing.
I also like to try new shapes when I make them. I usually make them with the "ribbon" attachment, but we mixed things up a bit this time. :)
Ready for some of that tangy sweetness in your mouth? Here's the recipe for you; it's a recipe worth keeping.
Cookie:1 c. butter, softened
½ c. powdered sugar
1 ¾ c. flour
¼ c. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
½ tsp. vanilla
Lemon glaze:½ c. powdered sugar
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
4 tsp. lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour, cornstarch, lemon zest, and vanilla until well blended. Ideally, you’d refrigerate your dough for an hour or so here. Buuutttt, I never do.
- Place dough in a cookie press with a ribbon tip. Form ribbons of dough about 3 inches long on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until the edges are just the slightest bit golden—or until right before they become golden. Cool completely.
- Dip into the lemon glaze or brush the glaze on with a basting brush.
Click here to print the recipe.
Linking up here.