It's that time of year!!! Strawberry time!
Who doesn't love strawberries? (well apparently some people don't--like my 3-year-old. go figure)
But for the most part, everyone agrees that strawberries are just scrumptious. And this time of year, they are fresh, (more likely to be) local, and (relatively) inexpensive. I just picked up a big 'ol container full at Costco and can't wait to eat them. :)
It's hard to improve on just a fresh strawberry, but here are some of our favorite strawberry recipes we've posted about her at Everyday Art. Looking through them makes me realize that I've failed to put some of my favorite recipes up! So, someday soon hopefully you'll see posts with my favorite Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie and also my Strawbery-Pepper-Pecan jam! YUM!
But, you won't be missing much with these great recipes. Take your pick of recipes and enjoy!
1. The Healthy, Vegan, Raw Strawberry Oat-Almond Bars. I could go for one of those right about now....
2. Rustic Strawberry Cake. Perfect with a dollop of whip cream on top.
3. Fun, Fancy, Strawberry Puff Pasty. That creamy layer? Oh, it's delicious--cream cheese, sour cream, orange zest...yum!
4. Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam. Can't go wrong here! Love this on bread, ice cream, crackers or, um, just with a spoon.
5. Strawberry Scones. Not even a little bit healthy but oh so decadent and delicious!
6. Of course we had to include Fresh Strawberry Pie. It's a classic for a great reason. This link has several versions--take your pick.
7. Breakfast Banana Split. Healthy, yummy, and just something new and fun to do.