My tomatoes are ripe!
I'm sure many of you out there have been harvesting tomatoes for a long time now, but out here in Idaho, they're just coming on and are delicious. It's kind a time to celebrate. I've really been enjoying the mixture of tomatoes this year--all sorts of sizes, shapes and colors. I've been playing around with making my own salsa too, and while the recipe is not quite perfected, it has always been yummy. Kind of hard to mess that up I suppose.
Well, here is yet another way to enjoy your garden fresh tomatoes--a tomato pizza.
Super easy to make, and tomato pizza has a wonderfully fresh taste. If you are a tomato fan (and maybe even if you are not) you will love it.
Here's what you do:
- Get your self some pizza dough. (This is my favorite recipe. Yes, I know it says for a baguette, but it's fantastic for pizza dough.)
- Stretch your dough to your desired shape and thickness. Brush with a little olive oil (some good EVOO as Rachel Ray would say)
- Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Dot with chunks of Mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and fresh herbs (I used oregano).
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or so--until your cheese melts and gets a little brown on top.
Enjoy your tomatoes!
I hope yours are as lovely as mine. :)